30 August 2013

Wetlands

So happy that the weather is starting to warm up. Melbourne's weather has been crazy this August. According to the bureaus, it was the wettest August since 1991. It wouldn't be Melbourne if it didn't include a few warmer days in the mix. If you're a Melbournian or know anything minute about Melbourne, you would probably know that we have a 4 season in 1 day policy, which in my opinion - sucks! It makes it so hard to dress and even more difficult to plan road trips away. 


Because August was a really disgusting wet month, when we hit a slightly warmer day, we wanted to take advantage of it. We walked to the wetlands near my place to feed the ducks. It such a calming, quiet place that I love to frequent in the warmer weather. As you can tell from the above pics, Spring is very close!


Feeding ducks wouldn't be complete without the swarm of seagulls -argh! They're super cunning and really fast, I think about 4/5th of our bread was eaten up by them. I was quite annoyed at them so in my bad mood, I mentioned to Chris that I heard from friends that if you feed seagulls panadol, their stomachs will explode - fun fact for the day. (well, not exactly that fun if it's true and probably not even a fact.)

2 comments:

Follow on Bloglovin