24 July 2013

TGIF x Pacific Rim

Chris and I caught up with Cassy and Ethan for the first time in almost a month. Decided to dine at TGI Fridays as you can never go wrong with their Jack Daniels Ribs!

So insanely good!
Their serves are huge and we learnt the hard way last time so this time, we only ordered one serve between the two of us.   

 'Gold Medal' Smoothie - Not worth paying $7.50 for!
Banana with berries, pina colada etc. Wasn't all that special, taste like something my dad whips together to get my brother and I to reach our daily fruit needs. 
 
 Cassy's half ribs and shrimp
 Ethan's calamari salad
Always eating so healthily 
 
We then went to watch Pacific Rim - based on its IMDb score of 7.5/10, we decided it would be worth watching. 
Initially, I was a bit hesitant as I had no clue what the film was about and when I found out it would be about giant robots beating the crap out of weird looking monsters, I still wasn't sold.
I decided to go ahead with it though as the others were keen and I guess majority wins, right?
 
Got to admit, there were some moments where I felt like I could just close my eyes and enter into lalaland but then again, that could be because of my jam-packed working day. I tried my very best to follow - I picked up on the main story line of - Kaiju (monsters!) fights Jaeger (gigantic robots that are controlled by two pilots entering into each other minds).
In the end, it wasn't all that bad!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin